Widowsweave

Widowsweave is an awareness raising series of performances highlighting the conditions of Iraqi Widows who often struggle to acquire even basic necessities such as clean water or adequate shelter. Through artistic durational activities the artist and public participants mark 3,000,000 lines representing the number of Iraqi widows from 30 years of war, tyranny and sanctions.

News

Kevin Valentine will have three new pieces in the Faculty Show at North Central College, Naperville. The reception is April 8th, from 6-8



Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vision and Strategy

Last week we also talked about my chart "Violation Conspiracy" and the possibility of turning it into a board game! Whoa - that's just a cool idea. Something like a large multiplayer game, something where the participants would get the idea by "playing the bad guys" - by collusion with the violating forces.

Paul also suggested that Sticks and Stones could be sung by a women's gospel choir! I think that I need to stretch those interdisciplinary wings even further. These are great ideas.

He reminded me of his mantra about the difference between vision and strategy.
Vision is to see the things I need to say, what artistically I need to do (And why I do them).
Strategy is how to get it done effectively, creatively, artistically.

No comments:

Post a Comment