Widowsweave

Widowsweave is an awareness raising series of performances highlighting the conditions of Iraqi Widows who often struggle to acquire even basic necessities such as clean water or adequate shelter. Through artistic durational activities the artist and public participants mark 3,000,000 lines representing the number of Iraqi widows from 30 years of war, tyranny and sanctions.

News

Kevin Valentine will have three new pieces in the Faculty Show at North Central College, Naperville. The reception is April 8th, from 6-8



Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beginning Thesis Year



Thesis year is beginning much like my art career or my adult (post undergraduate) life began - in uncertainty about job, motivation, outcome, impact, future, self. This must be a good thing because when I am unsettled there is a fermentation, a chemicalization going on -change- that forces me to be in the moment, to really live and to create art that matters to me.

I can't let this opportunity pass by; I have to keep on task, finishing up Widows and Closed Circuit Open while creating the basis for new work which will unfold into thesis. Pushing ahead while letting it unfold. The male and female, yin and yang of creation. Balance. Focus.

1 comment:

  1. i agree...wrapping ends up (closed circuit open) while unraveling new ideas for thesis...that's well worth another year of work.

    ReplyDelete