Widowsweave

Widowsweave is an awareness raising series of performances highlighting the conditions of Iraqi Widows who often struggle to acquire even basic necessities such as clean water or adequate shelter. Through artistic durational activities the artist and public participants mark 3,000,000 lines representing the number of Iraqi widows from 30 years of war, tyranny and sanctions.

News

Kevin Valentine will have three new pieces in the Faculty Show at North Central College, Naperville. The reception is April 8th, from 6-8



Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tracing Brick

Did a 7 min. sound performance of tracing brick, to add to the video shot last night of Tamale and Kristina. It was actually a senuous experience? who would have thought that rubbing a chimney could be like massage! It once again took a while to set up Cubase 4. I sent the two Sure Beta 57A's directly to the 828, then to Cubase, but I had to remember how to set up the inputs/outputs. I played with eq, maximizer, limiter and normalize, but the limiter was not helpful. I have to take care of hum and high-frequency hiss. I'm going to try to add another eq. After using the (virtual) mixer eq, I added an insert eq, StudioEQ, one band at 7000kHz, -24.0 gain, 0.5 Q-factor, which cut the his significantly.

Actually, I just put in all 4 bands in the Studio EQ as well, and it sounds less artificial and pumped up.


I've also been playing with my new guitar a lot. I recorded a clip at flat eq directly from the acoustic guitar amp> straight 4's on fron panel>feedback notch3>string dynamics 6>rvb/dly on 2 with line out volume on 3> normalized in Cubase at -2dB. Sounds amazing except for the buzz in the upper register due I believe to low action which needs to be addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment