Widowsweave

Widowsweave is an awareness raising series of performances highlighting the conditions of Iraqi Widows who often struggle to acquire even basic necessities such as clean water or adequate shelter. Through artistic durational activities the artist and public participants mark 3,000,000 lines representing the number of Iraqi widows from 30 years of war, tyranny and sanctions.

News

Kevin Valentine will have three new pieces in the Faculty Show at North Central College, Naperville. The reception is April 8th, from 6-8



Monday, April 13, 2009

Artist's Book Proposal

I met with Melissa today. She showed me the Quickset debossing and the pearl foil. The book will go into the 1st show, the wooden case will count as the final. I'm not sure about the interactive part of the box yet, that is I don't know if I want to hear the sound of chalk or if it really fits in with the book.

I also showed her the idaea for the new book in which people would add there own marks, and donate. she agreed that it would work best if it was in conjunction with a performance.

For this class the proposal and prototype of the book will be enough. t may just stay as a proposal, or may be sold as a "proposal" to help fund the project.

As for tallying, she mentioned that it could be a dispenser which dispenses chalk when money is put in. This couldbe costly, unless I get inexpensive chalk. I also need to contact oxfam or other agencies to see about the viability of raising money, and the appropriateness of donating.

No comments:

Post a Comment